Let us at Somers Custom Framing hang your art for you! There are many reasons why we are asked us to hang artwork for our customers. Some are too busy to do it themselves but for others the reasons vary. Here are just a few of the reasons we have been told why people enjoy having their artwork professionally installed:
- - "I would like help with deciding where to hang the new picture in relation to what is already on
- - "I am unable to bang any nails or hooks into my walls."
- - "My husband and I will end up in divorce court if we tried to hang these ourselves."
- - "I am hanging pictures on a stairway and reaching the right spot on the wall is tricky and
- - "We want to make sure once the art is on the wall it stays on the wall."
- - "I am hanging a grouping of pictures and want them spaced evenly."
- - "I can no longer safely climb a ladder or stepstool."
- - "We are hanging a large piece over the mantle and cannot reach the area ourself."
- - "I have so many pictures to hang I will never get it done if I try do it all myself."
- - "We are hanging a mirror that is so heavy I want to make sure it is hung safely."
- - "My husband (or wife) used to do this stuff but now he (or she) can't do it anymore."
- - "The art is for our corporate offices and I don't want to waste my time or my employees time
If this sounds like you, give us a call. Most installations are pretty straightforward and are a one person job. There are some jobs like heavy mirrors or extremely large pieces of art that do require two people. When we estimate the job we will let you know if it is a one or two person job as the rates for each are different. All jobs are priced in advance so you know the cost ahead of time. All appropriate hardware is included. Sometimes special hanging hardware or unique hanging solutions are required, in those cases we will let you know in advance and our quote will take that into consideration.
Our installation rates are:
$75.00 per hour (one person)
$125.00 per hour (two people)
A one hour minimum charge applies. Everything over 1 hour is pro-rated at the hourly rate. Here are some examples of what the installation cost would be based on how long the job took assuming no special hardware was required:
- - One man job taking 15 minutes: $75.00
- - One man job taking 45 minutes: $75.00
- - One man job taking 60 minutes: $75.00
- - One man job taking 75 minutes: $93.75
- - One man job taking 120 minutes: $150.00
- - Two man job taking 20 minutes: $125.00
- - Two man job taking 75 minutes: $156.25
...you get the idea. As mentioned above, some jobs require unique hanging solutions and are prices accordingly, however, the above pricing examples should give you a good idea of our pricing structure.
Most jobs are local so travel time or gas cost is not an issue. We do install "non-local" and a modest travel charge will apply depending on far away the job is. As with all of our price quotes, you will be advised in advance if a travel fee applies.
All installations are scheduled for Monday afternoons after 2pm. Please call for scheduling.